BATA News

Welcome to our news archives. You can use the links on the right to filter by date, topic or tag.

Independent living

Paul Smyth judged one of the 100 most influential disabled people

Tuesday 29 October 2019

Barclays' accessibility guru gains recognition for his work at the bank

World Health Organisation battles the AT deficit

Tuesday 08 October 2019

John Lamb reports from Geneva conference

Access4All wins mayoral backing

Tuesday 10 September 2019

M-Enabling Forum Europe comes to Dusseldorf

Tuesday 10 September 2019

Contributors from around Europe weigh up the latest trends in mobile applications for disabled people

Combining & Integrating Technologies

Thursday 15 February 2018

"All I want to do is search the internet and watch my films"  -AbilityNet Client

AT for pupils with cerebral palsy

Monday 12 February 2018

As a teacher of special needs I have worked with pupils with cerebral palsy (CP) for whom handwriting is difficult or slow because of the spasm movements associated with the condition. I have found that alternative peripheral devices can help enormously.

Video shows what it is like to have dyslexia

Wednesday 04 October 2017

British graphic and motion designer Josh Penn has created a 60-second animation that communicates what it is like to have dyslexia.

Unleashing true potential through AT

Wednesday 17 May 2017

In the UK, the government has made great strides in improving the lives of the disabled from an early age. The government’s Disabled Students’ Allowances and Access to Work schemes ensure that those with dyslexia continue to be supported throughout their life.

Ensuring a safe and more satisfying old age

Friday 12 May 2017

Everyone experiences impairments to their sight, hearing, cognitive powers and mobility as they get older: over 65s represent the largest group of disabled people.